We all know the benefits of drinking plenty of water. More so of course when you live on a lovely sunny Mediterranean island like Mallorca. But it can be a real struggle and let’s be honest does anyone truly like the taste of water? So how do we make water more tempting and lead us to great skin and good health? The lovely people at Everyday Health have come up with some good ideas.
1. Add fresh fruit. Citrus fruits, such as lemons, limes, and oranges, are classic water enhancers, but other fruit flavours might also tempt your taste buds.
2. Use juice. Any fruit juice can be a good base flavour for water, but tart juices, like cranberry, pomegranate, grape, and apple, are especially delicious. Go for juices that are all natural, with no added sugars.
3. Make it bubbly. Many people prefer sparkling to still water. If plain old water isn’t inspiring to you, try a naturally effervescent mineral water — which will give you the added benefit of minerals.
4. Get creative with ice. Some say that ice water tastes better than water served at room temperature. If that’s so, flavored ice cubes may make an even better drink. Use some of the flavoring suggestions above and start experimenting with fresh fruit, mint, or cucumber ice cubes. Simply chop your additive of choice, add it to your ice cube tray along with water, then freeze.
5. Drink tea. Herbal, fruit, green, white, and red teas are generally considered to be better for you than black teas (or coffee, for that matter) because they contain little to no caffeine. And there are countless flavors of these teas to choose from.
So drink up because there are no excuses for not getting your 8 glasses a day – cheers!
Article taken in part from:
All content on this website is provided for general information only, and should not be treated as a substitute for the medical advice of your own doctor or any other health care professional. Always consult your own GP if you’re in any way concerned about your health.